Saturday, August 15, 2009

Home Sweet Home







We finally made it! After lots of hard work we were able to purchase our own HOME in Virginia. We have been looking on and off for a year now and there were a couple of houses that we liked. In February we found this place and it was a Short Sale which our realtor discouraged us from setting our hearts on it because they hardly ever go to closing. Well, we came by and walked through it but while we were there 5 other couples came by with their Realtors and on the kitchen counter there were at least 20 business cards of people that have already came by and looked at it. We loved it, unfortunately at the time I let my heart set on it. We placed and offer, and it was considered but the owners decided on a cash offer instead of ours. I was so upset and I had never let myself fall so hard on a place but it just felt right. Adolfo said if Heavenly Father wants us here then it will happen. Well we moved on and started looking at other houses but nothing ever seemed "Just Right." On April 20th (Lauren's birthday) our realtor called out of the blue and said the house was back on and the owners would accept our offer for less than what we offered but we had to close in 3 1/2 weeks. It had been so long and we had looked at so many others I couldn't even remember the address. We lived, breathed and signed paperwork for those 3+ weeks. On May 15th we signed the papers and became HOME OWNERS. It still seems like a dream, we got a steal of a deal and we are so thankful for our new home. So I have had a few requests of what our new place looks like, so I will try and post a picture once a week of a new room, here is what it looks like when you drive up to the place, and so far I haven't killed the front yard, the back yard is another story however.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Jen, we are so so happy for you guys! I can't wait to see it! We miss you guys and look forward to when we can visit you guys again. Love you all and couldn't be happier for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice! Congratulations!! Maybe I can visit too?? Maybe Aimee should invite me for once - I'm just sayin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny your House is ADORABLE!! i freakin love it!! oh this is Hollie...the Hollie that visited you guys with Lind-say Lou!! I LOVE your blog!! Your family is BEAUTIFUL!! and your new addition Aubrey...what a beautiful lil baby!! You and Adolfo seriously create some of the cutest kids on the planet!! my blog is private...so shoot me and email and ill add ya...awesomehol@yahoo.com!! Take Care

    ReplyDelete